Employers must manage workers’ compensation and occupational health and safety issues effectively and efficiently.
Failure to manage health and safety issues can result not only in workplace accidents and injuries, but also in extreme financial and even criminal consequences.
With our in-depth knowledge of federal and provincial legislation, we help clients maintain a safe workplace and prevent dangerous or costly mistakes. We have extensive experience assisting our clients in managing the complete spectrum of workplace safety issues, from day-to-day operational issues to complex cases where we have represented our clients before coroner’s inquests and through public inquiries.
- Employer classification for assessment purposes and experience rating
- Strategies to reduce insurance assessments
- Employer notification obligations regarding workplace injuries and occupational disease claims
- Workers’ compensation claims adjudication and appeals
- Workplace audits
- Workers’ compensation wage loss and permanent disability pension benefits
- Applications for workers’ compensation claims cost relief
- General duties of employers, workers, supervisors, owners, officers, and directors, as well as prime contractors at multiple employer workplaces
- Requirement for, and roles and responsibilities of, joint occupational health and safety committee
- Application of general, specific, and industry-based regulatory requirements
- Development of policies on workplace health and safety
- Accident investigation and reporting including WorkSafeBC serious injury and fatality investigations
- Appealing inspection orders issued by health and safety officers
- Discriminatory action/retaliation complaints by workers
- Workplace bullying and harassment claims
- Review Division and WCAT matters
Roper Greyell helped guide our company through a very serious and complex Occupational Health and Safety crisis, when our operation went through one of the worst industrial disasters in BC history. They provided balanced judgment and capable strategic advice, helping to manage the crisis with our team, from start to finish. As trusted advisors, Roper Greyell provided us with excellent representation through this difficult time.
– Greg Stewart, President | Sinclar Group Forest Products