With a deep bench of lawyers who are knowledgeable in provincial and federal privacy and access to information law, we help our public and private sector clients meet and exceed industry standards and respond to the regulatory environment.
We partner with our clients to manage day-to-day issues and develop strategies to plan for the future. We take a strategic, practical, and cost-effective approach to freedom of information (FOI) and privacy issues, creatively solving complex issues that affect our clients’ workplace operations.
- Advise on privacy and access obligations, including mandatory breach notification
- Assist with responses to access requests
- Represent public and private sector organizations in complaints, audits, investigations, and inquiries before federal and provincial privacy commissioners
- Represent employers in privacy litigation
- Draft or modify consent, notification, and other forms and agreements
- Develop and review privacy-related policies and procedures
- Train employees and management on privacy compliance
- Identify potential liability issues
- Advise on document retention policies
Roper Greyell has an ability to quickly understand and offer sound advice in a very thoughtful and responsive manner. They offer a genuine level of engagement and concern for the best interests of a School District.Scott Stanley, Director of Human Resources | North Vancouver School District #44