In today’s workplace, it is critical that employers effectively and efficiently address human rights issues.
Human rights issues can be complex and potentially costly to employers, so we provide cost-effective solutions that help our clients efficiently address and navigate those issues.
We deliver timely and practical advice that takes into account our clients’ business objectives and operations. Our size ensures that we are always available and accessible to our clients, and our independent structure allows us to remain agile and flexible, offering creative solutions to difficult issues.
- Strategic advice on all aspects of human right legislation
- Investigation of employee conduct
- Accommodation issues
- Employee medical information and dealing with doctors
- Absenteeism and attendance management
- Representation before the federal and provincial human rights tribunals and commissions
- Workplace bullying and harassment claims
- Policy development and implementation
- Dispute mediation
- Employment discrimination claims
- Grievance arbitrations
- Judicial review of statutory tribunal decisions
- Claims of discrimination in services or tenancy
- Employment and pay equity issues
- Charter discrimination claims
- Development of special programs under the Human Rights Code
Roper Greyell’s depth of experience and practical approach to employment and labour matters has allowed us to successfully navigate complex workplace issues. We know that we can contact a lawyer at any time for strategic advice and count on a quick, high quality response.
– Nicole Webb
General Manager, Human Resources | Ciy of Surrey