Roper Greyell is proud to be the exclusive representative of the Employment Law Alliance (ELA) in British Columbia. The ELA is the largest network of labor and employment lawyers worldwide. This monthly publication is a vehicle by which ELA firms can provide timely legal information to global clients.
Regional Employment Law Briefings, June 2019
European Spotlight: GDPR
- Poland: The Implementing Act and First Penalty Imposed – Two Important Events of the Anniversary of the GDPR Entry Into Force
- CA, Manitoba: The Common Law Tort of Harassment: Fact or Fiction?
- CA, Ontario: Threshold for Severance Pay Limited to Ontario Payroll – So Says Ontario Labour Relations Board
- US, Florida: EEO-1 Component 2 Submission Deadline Update
- US, Indiana: The 2020 Election and U.S. Immigration
- US, Kansas/Missouri: Department of Labor Proposes New Salary Threshold for Overtime Exemption
- US, Mississippi/Tennessee: Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals Reaffirms that Title VII Does Not Prohibit Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation
- US, Oklahoma: Unity Bill Update
- LGBTQ Employees in Greater China: Employment, Benefits and Immigration June 26, 2019
- Cultural changes and court decisions are prompting rapid and potentially far-reaching changes in the status and protection of LGBTQ employees in greater China. Speakers from Taipei, Hong Kong, and Shanghai will discuss the extent of legal protections for LGBTQ employees in hiring and termination, discrimination and harassment issues, statutory and non-statutory benefits for same-sex partners and spouses, and the ability of LGBTQ employees to sponsor immigration authorization for foreign national same-sex partners and spouses. Register today!