Roper Greyell is proud to be the exclusive representative of the Employment Law Alliance (ELA) in British Columbia. The ELA is the largest network of labor and employment lawyers worldwide. This monthly publication is a vehicle by which ELA firms can provide timely legal information to global clients.
Regional Employment Law Briefings, March 2019
- Netherlands: When Can Employers Successfully Apply for a Ban On Strikes?
- Serbia: Agency Employment Update: What Employers Need to Know
- Chile: Protections Against Discrimination for Women in the Workplace
- Peru: Criminalizing Sexual Harassment in the Workplace: Decree 1410
- CA, Nova Scotia: Enforcing Zero-Tolerance Policies in the Workplace? Not So Fast!
- CA, Saskatchewan: Tort Claim Barred Under Worker’ s Compensation Jurisdiction
- CA, Toronto: When Resignation IS Resignation: Good News for Employers
- US, Maryland: Avoiding Jury Trials Through Written Agreements
- Immigration 101: Rules, Regulations and Reality March 26, 2019
- Join us as we present part one of a series of discussions surrounding your most pressing Immigration questions in Latin Topics include: requirements for permanent and provisional residency, treatment of immigrants, and the complexity and reality of immigration systems in each jurisdiction.
- Women in the Workplace March 27, 2019
- In recognition of International Women’s Day, the ELA is presenting the best lawyers in the Middle East region for a round-table discussion of topics including: statistics of women in the workplace, equal rights under the employment law, existing rights against discrimination of women, and encouragement of women in the private